#socialmediabuttons {text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; display:block;} -->
Thursday, January 19, 2012

“Follow Your Dreams” CONTEST

THE CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED - BUT WILL RETURN IN THE FORM OF A BLOG HOP IN LATE MAY... STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES :)

Aloha,
Some may know I’m co-writing the memoir of former professional opera singer, Donald Braswell who lost his voice in a freak accident.
Never a quitter, Donald fought back, relearning first how to speak and then sing, until thirteen long years later, he made his national television debut, ending in the Top Five of America’s Got Talent.
"Follow Your Dreams!"
You can find the original post I wrote here.
View the YouTube video of his inspiring first performance here.
One of Donald’s catchphrases is “Follow Your Dreams” so that’s the theme of the contest I'm hosting.
TO ENTER: In 200 words or less, please share an inspirational something that’s happened to you, by you or that you know to be true via a friend or family member.
Submit your entry via the comment section below. (Title NOT included in word count.)
Feel free to enter today - your entry will be included in this seven-day contest that starts tomorrow, Friday, Jan. 20, 2012 and ends 11:59 p.m. EST Jan. 27, 2012.
THE PRIZE: Donald has agreed to donate a signed set of three CD’s to the Grand Prize Winner. The CD’s are:
·         New Chapter (2007)
·         We Fall And We Rise Again (2010)
·         Unchained (2011)
To help spread the word, anyone who adds @markjkoopmans to a tweet publicizing the contest or sends over a link to their blog post that mentions the contest will be in a drawing to win a $20 Gift Card. (Winner to choose type of card, i.e for a restaurant or Amazon, etc.)
Grand Prize Winner will be notified by Jan. 30, 2012.
Amazon Gift Card Winner will be notified by Jan. 29, 2012.
Please follow me via the “Join This Site” button to read up on the competition :)
Questions? Please use the comments form. I’ll answer within twenty-four hours.
Interested in learning more about Donald. Click here to visit his website and to visit the official website of the Donald Braswell International Fan Club, please click here.

Thanks for participating and Good Luck!
Please feel free to pull and use the contest button (Donald's picture on the upper left hand side of my blog.) Thanks in advance :)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome, count me in, I'll just get things up and ready this weekend. :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

What an awesome story! I have a guest post tomorrow, but I'll plug this big time in my post on Monday.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Wow what a great story. TO have the tenacity to stick with the voice training after such a crippling accident shows extraordinary tenacity. This guy is an inspiration to all. Thanks for posting.

Mark Koopmans said...

@Mel: Thanks for the support - as always - and have a great weekend:)

@Alex: Sir, you too are a RockStar and a tip of the hat from you could make all the difference, so *thanks* in advance.

@Michael, Director of the TCI:) I completely agree... Donald's story is amazing and inspiring. It *will* be published:) Thanks for the kind words.

Lara Schiffbauer said...

What a great contest! I just can't think of anything to write about. I think that's kind of sad, actually... I'm going to be thinking on it, though. I'm not out yet!

Theresa Milstein said...

What an interesting person and topic to write about.

BragonDorn said...

I really hope you win :) Best of luck!

Lara Schiffbauer said...

Hi! I was just stopping by to let you know that I gave you a blog award, today! Two, actually! I also mentioned your contest! Please stop by my blog to find out what nice things I said about you and to claim your awards!

Sarah Tokeley said...

I have to give this some serious thought :-)

Rek Sesh said...

That's a very inspiring post, too often we let our small failings bog us down where others overcome tougher obstacles.

David P. King said...

How cool is this. And how cool you get to work on a project like this with such an inspirational fellow! I can see this going places. All best! :)

Nicole said...

Very cool story - great inspiration for the rest of us dreamers.

Leigh Covington said...

Where was I when you announced this? I must have been vacationing on Mars! My word. This is such a fun idea. I feel so uninspiring tho, but I am going to contemplate this and hopefully have something to submit. Love it!

Leigh Covington said...

Alright - my story is officially posted! Thanks for this fun contest Mark. It's good to remember those who inspire us!

Post a Comment

Dude saunters up to Dude-ette: You Comment Here Often?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;